Select Language


The answers to many frequently asked questions about homeowners associations are listed below.



Aviana Resort – Resident Managed:

Bellavida Resort – First Service Residential:

Crofton Springs at Providence Resort – Aegis Community Management:

Rosemont Woods at Providence Resort – Aegis Community Management:

Reunion Resort and Club – Aegis Community Management:

Solterra Resort – Melrose Management:

Sonoma Resort – First Service Residential:

Veranda Palms – First Service Residential:

Watersong – First Service Residential:



Harmony – First Service Residential:

Lakeside at Toscana  – Leland Management:

Legacy Park – Titan Management:

Markham Square – Park Square Homes

The Preserve at Lake Sylvan – Access Management:

Summerview – EPM Services:

The Estates at Stevens Plantation – Leland Management:

The Residences at Dellagio – Access Management:

Waterside Vista – Titan Management:


Q: What is an HOA?

A: An HOA or Homeowner Association is a legal entity created to manage and maintain common areas of a community. Typically these “common areas” consist of things like community pools, clubhouses, landscaping, parks, streets and roads.

Q: What is the difference between the Board of Directors and the HOA?

A: The association consists of all owners within each community. Each and every owner is a member of the association. Membership is not optional. The Board of Directors consists of those owners who have been elected to conduct the day-to-day business of the association and make the decisions that affect all owners.

Q: What is an assessment and what is it used for?

A: An assessment is something used to manage and maintain the community. Some of the expenses that must be paid include, but are not limited to water, electricity, repairs, maintenance, improvements, community management, mailings to owners, insurance and legal fees. Some money is also put into a reserve account to pay for future maintenance.

Q: Do all violations warrant a letter?

A: The Community Manager sends violation letters for all violations observed during inspection and all violations reported by other owners. It is possible that some violations are not observed and thus no violation letter is sent.

Q: If I receive a violation letter, who was it that sent it?

A: The Community Manager sends violation letters for all violations observed during an inspection of the community or reported by another owner. The letter you received states the specific violation and the date it was reported.

Q: Can I install a satellite dish or wireless network antenna?

A: Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) regulations prevent an association from prohibiting such communication devices. However, the association can create rules and regulations regarding its size and placement on a lot or parcel. It is strongly recommended that such devices be installed as close to the ground as possible and out-of-view from a neighboring property, a common area or the street. If your installation requires the device to be visible, it is recommended that you submit an architectural change request form to confirm placement of your device.

Q: If I have a question regarding an architectural request, whom do I contact?

A: If you have a question about an architectural change request that you intend to submit or have already submitted, please contact the Community Manager.

Q: Why must I submit an architectural request?

A: There are many reasons to submit an architectural change request, the biggest being for your own protection. If a guideline were to change that puts you in violation, having an approved request allows you to be “grandfathered” thus preventing you from being cited for the violation. Another reason for submitting the request is to show other owners in the community that the changes you make are considered aesthetically pleasing, although another owner may not like your taste.

Q: Do I need to get permits prior to any work being done?

A: If the work to be completed requires any permits or licenses from the city, county or state, it is your responsibility to research and obtain those permits and submit them along with an architectural change request form. The Association, Board of Directors and management company are not responsible for researching or obtaining permits on behalf of the owner.

Q: If I wanted to build a fence in front of my house, could I build it taller than what the HOA deed restrictions state?

A: Fair and uniform enforcement of the HOA’s deed restrictions is critical to maintaining property values. Association deed restriction cases are typically overturned in the courts if there has been inconsistent application of the association’s rules and regulations over the years. Thus, unless you can show that the rule has not been applied consistently, you won’t have much recourse.